Sunday, June 7, 2009

I decided on a name for my duck... dinner



here are the two pictures I took for my last blog!





Since then, Saima has come home. She brought home potty pads, which were supposed to make my life easier, because they are much easier to clean. Saima however, decided that the ducks were far too large to still be inside the house. So, her and I, but mostly her, went into the meat drying 'room' and made a little corner for them. We put hay on the ground, and took out any potential dangers. Saima found use to one of the old games that Maija and Dean made for Kaisa's birthday. It was perfect, I came inside and got a lightbulb and a new water bowl. I found Kaisa's REALLY old stool that she used to be able to reach the sink and filled it with water. The ducks LOVE it. Not only can they drink and clean themselves with it, some even swim in it. We also found a plastic dish to use for the food. FINALLY it was time to put the ducks in their new home. As soon as I started putting them in there, they were going crazy, being louder than ever. One duck was even trying to swim in the hay, it was the funniest thing! Saima called and left a message on Maija's cell phone so she could hear how happy they were, and we sat and watched them for aboutj 15 minutes, I have to say they are much cuter now that they are not in the house. Still though, I am no where near as attached to them as I thought I would be, and I will still be fine with shooting/eating them for dinner, hence the name of my wonderful mallard: DINNER!

I figured it's a name that is perfect, since we will be eating him for dinner. (I decided he is a male)

The ducks grow SO much everyday, a couple of the Harlequins look like actual ducks. They don't have much feathers yet, but they are HUGE!

I would post pictures and a video of the very happy, ever growing ducks, but the only camera I have is the one that's built into this computer. I figure that it's not the best idea to try and take it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment