Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I vow

to NEVER get ducks. or more than one dog at a time. Maija and her WHOLE family went to Dean's hometown. He is super excited, and so is everyone else. They did manage to buy TWELVE, I repeat TWELVE ducklings a few days before they left.. They were cute and cuddly the first couple of days, but now that Maija and Dean are gone, they are very very very stinky, and LOUD they managed to learn how to sound like an actual duck, instead of just a mild whistle, so all I hear are ducks quaking, CONSTANTLY. It's making me crazy! Since they are THREE times the size as they were before, they seem to be hungry a lot more often, and that means that they poop a whole bunch more! GROSS. They also are growing feathers, which means they are pokey, and GROSS feeling.
I have to clean their kennel like home THREE times a day! GROSS. I spend the majority of my one hour lunch break cleaning them out, which leaves me with little time to eat, becuase I change my clothes, change the kennel, and then I have to change my clothes AGAIN. gross. Needless to say, I am not the most excited about having ducks as pets.

Not only are the ducks driving me wild, Shockey, the BEAUTIFUL lab, managed to get loose the DAY Maija left. She had Nudge chew through her collar and then she dug in the trash. She didn't just dig though, she dragged the trash over to Nudge, because god forbid she leave him out of the fun, since he was still tied up. I called Dean about a new collar for her, and he, of course, told me to call Maija, who had me put her in the kennel outside. Of course Shockey pooped in that kennel, and then WALKED/LAY all over it! GROSS! (starting to get the repetition?) She will be sleeping outside for the remainder of Dean and Maija's vacation.

On top of the GROSS things i have to deal with, i CANNOT sleep at all. I am terrified of the DUMBEST things. I fall asleep, have a nightmare, wake up scared, go back to sleep, and then have the SAME nightmare. OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, until I give up and start reading or something. and when I finally fall asleep and stop having the same nightmare, my alarm goes off and i have work. This past week, I have been physically at work, and thats about it. I don't even know what I wore today. yikes.

On a positive note, I had dinner with the Hull's and Tuning's lastnight. It was really really good! We had our first practice for softball, which makes me excited to play this summer. AND best of all, Zach is coming next Friday. WHOOP WHOOP

I wrote most of this blog lastnight, but the internet stopped working, of course. I also had pictures of how I felt, and one of the ducks.. they will be posted later.

I should probably be working.

2 comments:

  1. Is Zach the boy?? That's sooo exciting. I really want to come up this summer I just have to figure out when.

    I'm sorry about all the stinky animals. That's pretty lame. Love you and miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, once, about eighteen years ago, I vowed not to have kids. You know why? Cause, have you ever had to change a CLOTH diaper? No? Oh, cause I did...for a year and a half. Oh, and they were yours.

    AND...we love you and miss you and will seriously pay you back. Quit complaining...you're learning life lessons!

    Oh...AND call Eric, and have him come over to make a pen for the ugly ducklings! Remember...one day they will taste great...either that or they'll make awesome blog posts!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete